If you are like so many others out there moving toward natural deodorant you are probably finding that they either do not work (stink city) or they are really expensive!! If you haven't made the switch to natural/aluminum free deodorant here is a great article why you should make the change.
I have been using natural aluminum free deodorant for at least 5 years and it took me a while to find a brand that really worked. The only problem was every time I needed to buy a new one I cringed at the price. So I started experimenting with making my own and trust me when I say that this really works!! NO STINK!
This recipe is simple and inexpensive using only 4 ingredients that you will also be able to use outside of this recipe!
Click HERE to watch a video of my daughter and I walking you through making this recipe.
1. 1/2 cup of Arrowroot Powder
2. 1/2 cup of Aluminum Free Baking Soda
3. 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
4. 20-30 drops of essential oils (we used a lavender blend) I DO NOT recommend using cinnamon or clove for this recipe.
1. In a mixing bowl combine Arrowroot and baking soda and stir.
2. Add melted coconut oil and mix until it becomes a thick paste. If it is too runny you can add some more Arrowroot.
3. Add essential oils and stir again.
Store your deodorant in a clean jar/container with a lid. In the video I put it in a deodorant stick mold and although it worked ok I think I prefer just the jar or container. Coconut oil will soften when it is warm and if you have a warm home it may be difficult to apply so I would just stick to the jar and apply with your fingers.
I have included some affiliate links for ease of purchasing. Please note I receive a small percentage if you choose to purchase through these links.